Stopped though the Midtown Liquor Store to do some beer shopping for the house and picked up a 6 of Bengali IPA. Why? Because I like IPA and had never had it before… Good choice. The Bengali IPA is classified as an American IPA, more flavor than the English version with floral/citric hops and flavor, medium bodied.
- ABV 6.5%
- IBU 69
- SRM 11
So here is my take on the salient points of the tasting…
- Pour: A orangish brown pour.
- Head: An off-white to light tan head with a good lacing appearance. The pour was into a traditional pint glass with an initial ½ inch of head that lasted for the first 3 to 4 swallows, at least 90 seconds, and then dissipated to just the rim edge.
- Nose: An IPA that hearkens to a traditional English nose with plenty of malt. Yet there was no doubt of the IPA and a hoppy aroma that is big but subtle.
- Taste 1: The first taste is floral hop that stays steady with a sweet malt and finishes balanced, with a medium bitterness.
- Taste 2: It was full-bodied with caramel flavor supported by a strong foundation of rich malts.
- Carbonation: It was mildly carbonated and remained good throughout the drink.
- Mouth Feel: Smooth soft feel.
Being a mad scientist… or at least a mildly irritated scientist on a bad day, I like the description of the beer. I also liked the beer a lot. I rate it a 4.72569318 out of 5 (like I said, I’m a scientist). This is a beer I have put on my drink again list and I suggest you go find it yourself. You can’t have any of mine.
Please send us some feedback or comment below…
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com’ subject=’Feedback: Sixpoint IPA’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]